Journey to a Marathon

Imagine if you will something you've wanted almost since you can remember. Maybe something you wanted to do or have or a place you wanted to visit.


If you're like most of us you can probably come up with a fairly good sized list of those things. Now think of one in particular that is really important to you that you haven't done yet. It's possible you've wanted this for more years than you can remember. Do you have that picture in your mind?


Now that I've made you think about it again, how much more do you want it right now?


That's kind of, sort of, maybe, how I felt about running a marathon. I don't really recall when I got the idea that this was something that would be really cool to accomplish but I know it had been in my brain for a long, long time.


This is a story about chasing your dreams! It's the story of a young man who wanted to accomplish something big in his life and of the journey he took to get to his destination. Like all of us you will hear of the ups and downs of that quest. Of failures and upsets. Of getting sidetracked and majorly distracted. In the end you will share in the personal victory of finally achieving a dream and the lessons learned along the way.


You'll also get to learn some of the lessons we all experience when what we want isn't all its cracked up to be once we get it.


Interspersed with the story you will find the keys you need to preparing for and completing your first marathon or perhaps your fastest. If you've tried before and failed, it's not your fault as you'll see as we explore what it took to finally get my marathon under my belt. Within you and I will explore everything it takes to get you ready for a marathon from the right shoes to the gear you need to the right training plan to how to eat right and much more. It's all available here.


The good news is you can read this in more than one way. You can read it start to finish or you can simply go directly to the section that particularly interests you. Maybe all you're looking for is a good basic beginners schedule. I've got that here for you and if that's really all you want, it's yours.


My hope for you is that this will not only inform you but also inspire you to run your first or your fastest marathon and to continue on beyond the marathon even if you never run again with a lifestyle that is healthy and fit!

You may have already noticed there are several links throughout this story. In addition to the list on the right-hand side of the page you can also follow these links directly to the topics you are most interested in. Just another shortcut to get you on track as quick as possible.

It is actually possible that you have no interest in marathons whatsoever, that's OK because you just might learn a thing or two about how to accomplish something else in life that is important to you.

I hope you will take the time to read this all the way through. It is after all for you! It's not written for my benefit yet rather for yours. If our time together helps you avoid even one of the mistakes I've made to this point in my life then the hours spent at the keyboard were worth it to me.

That is what I get out of all this writing. Knowing that somehow in some small way I have the opportunity to make a small difference in somebody else's life. My greatest reward.

So let's get moving with the next section; From There to Here!

No comments: